Pumping station at Three Lakes
Back to thumbnails
- 1960's - Antarcticans Database Project -
1968 - This is the remains of a pump house and internal combustion engine driven pump as implemented by the Norwegian whalers who had a summer only station on Signy in the 1920's. A water barge was brought across to the shore near pumphouse lake and the pump used to fill the barge from the lake before being taken back to the whaling station where Signy base now is.
Photo; © NERC BAS