Copyright Issues - CoolAntarctica.com
Unless otherwise credited to a different source, all content of this web site is the copyright of Paul Ward and CoolAntarctica.com.
Copyright protection is actively pursued. Steps by legal process will be taken against violations.
Please be advised that ignoring my contact about violations tends not to work as web hosts, ISPs and publishers take this seriously even if you do not.
Text and Articles
All text and articles on this site are the copyright of Paul Ward and CoolAntarctica.com unless otherwise stated and may not be used unless by prior written permission.
The pictures on this site come from a variety of sources. Many of them were taken by me, some are used here by permission of others and remain their copyright.
If you wish to use any of the pictures from the site please look for copyright credit on the page to see the status, though this is not always complete. If there is no copyright credit it does NOT mean that the picture may be used without permission. Copyright is automatic to the creator of a piece of work and the onus is on the person using that work to determine the status. If you are unsure, please .
CoolAntarctica.com watermarked pictures
There are a number of pictures here that have a CoolAntarctica.com "watermark" at the bottom left.
These can be used free of charge according to the following criteria:
- The " watermark" - the CoolAntarctica.com text at the bottom left MUST be retained as it is shown, it must remain readable if the picture is resized.
- Pictures must be accessible by all if they are published on the web. Use in any paid-for section of a website is not permitted. CoolAntarctica.com is free for all to use, I expect that free-use pictures from here will also be free to access elsewhere.
- If the picture is used in any printed media, credit must be given in the form: "Use of picture courtesy Paul Ward - CoolAntarctica.com"
- No more than 10 pictures from CoolAntarctica may be used in any context whatsoever without prior consent.
- Pictures may not be sold or otherwise distributed on their own or as a part of a collection. They may be used in commercial printed or electronic publications as long as the watermark (and hyperlink if applicable) is included as above. They may not be used for decoration of any kind as a part of any commercial or non-commercial product - t-shirts, mugs etc.
If there is no watermark on the picture FREE USE IS NOT ALLOWED
This picture may be used free of charge
How can I gain usage outside of the free terms?
If you would like to purchase pictures for use without the watermark, at a higher resolution, for use of more than 10 images, or for any other purpose outside of these free usage guidelines, then please with your request quoting the relevant page/s url/s. Please include the following details:
- Size and resolution of the required image, dimensions in inches or cm and dpi.
- Placement in the publication or web page.
- Purpose for using the image.
- Distribution of the image, quantity and lifespan.
In most circumstances images from Cool Antarctica will be cheaper than from other commercial outlets and agencies as our overheads are lower. The pay-off is that payment/delivery while expedited as soon as possible will not be instant.
Guide prices - Books (single language - add 50% for multiple languages):
- Cover - GBP185
- Internal page
- Full page - GBP100
- 1/2 page - GBP75
- 1/4 page - GBP50
- Cover - GBP150
- Internal page
- Full page - GBP80
- 1/2 page - GBP60
- 1/4 page - GBP40