X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signy 2003 pictures

OK, I know they're not right up to date, but more so than my own 1985/6 pictures on this site. Here's a page of thumbnails and links to larger pictures taken by Simon Coggins in December 2003 as he was en route to Halley where he spent the subsequent two years.

http://www.coolantarctica.com/Commun...ery/index4.htm

Many thanks to Simon for allowing me to use those pictures, things have certainly changed from my days when the base was much bigger and wintering too.

On a related topic, this board has available a plug-in members photo gallery so allowing people to upload their own pictures with thumbnails and a link to the larger shot in their own sections. Thought it might be useful to get and install that? Show how bases and people have changed over the years, or just show-off best pictures.

Also, as many FIDS will have their pictures on slide and probably no facility to scan them properly, maybe they could be sent to me to scan and upload on their behalf?

Feedback appreciated.
    Last edited by Paul Ward; 27th December 2005, 12:12.

Re: Signy 2003 pictures

Hi There

I am at the moment just starting to get my photos digitalised, they are all of the 1966/1969 era, what sort of snap do you want, base members doing various chores me doing the cooking, midwinter buffets and iced cakes - give me a clue. Diving through ice, Ihave hundreds to choose from.

Allan

Comment

Re: Signy 2003 pictures

Hi Allan,

"The way we were" type shots are always good, particularly if they date the picture in some way. Base and ships / unusual events / general scenic if they are particularly good. Diving shots are generally rare (especially underwater) so they would be good.

If you have hundreds, the key is to be quite ruthless when sorting them out. It also helps to get someone else to take a look too as I always find what I think are the best shots are not always what others think are the best shots!

I look forwards to seeing some of your pictures.

Comment

Working...
      X