Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antactic Job Wanted

Hi all,
    Does anyone have any contacts who could aid me getting employment in Antarctica, I have tried the British Antarctic survey on a few occasions but alas to no avail.

I have a wide range of skills and qualification I know would prove to be very useful to any of the teams and companies operating in the area.

I am committed in my quest to gain employment in Antarctica and am looking forward to working in such a challenging and beautiful environment.
    Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks for reading
    Kind regards Gord

Re: Antactic Job Wanted

Hi,

It's all about skills and abilities to start with - specific skills and abilities to be able to do particular jobs.

The number of applicants often far exceeds the number of positions available, so the first filter is of people who aren't specifically qualified for the job they are applying for.

Beyond this it is about being able to function efficiently as part of a small team very isolated from the rest of the world despite modern communications.

Other than the national Antarctic programmes of various countries there is little opportunity for work in Antarctica. Those few companies that do have some involvement usually take their few staff from people who have proven themselves as part of a base compliment on a National programme.

The main recruitment time is coming up and there will be many jobs advertised over the next few months. If you have tried before but not reached interview it sounds like you just weren't as qualified for the jobs you applied for as other candidates.

Comment

Working...
    X