Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do they have Aussie job fairs for Antarctica??

Hi I live in Australia Adelaide to be more precise I have heard of alot of US job fairs to help get work in Antarctica. Do they have Australian Job fairs?? and if not what is the way to go about looking to get work in Antarctica if you are an Australian? I tried to look up one site last night but the page wouldn't load so i am still left wondering.......
    Regards Cool_Corrie

Re: Do they have Aussie job fairs for Antarctica??

ps I forgot to mention. I will be a Registered Nurse by the time i go to Antarctica. Or the Arctic whichever i can get.

Comment

Hi Corrie,

There aren't any Australian job fairs, but the recruitment page is here:
      http://www.aad.gov.au/default.asp?casid=23915

There is a call for qualified doctors in Antractica, but not for nurses. People who go down have to have a rigorous medical and be in good health. Disease-wise it is generally a healthy environment so people rarely get ill, though accidents happen of course. Doctors therefore have little actual doctoring to do, but tend to spend their time involved in a research project.

If you are looking for a job in a polar environment, the arctic is going to be far more likely to offer what you are looking for as the arctic has settlements with towns and cities and so hospitals and nurses to staff them.

Good luck.

Comment

Thank you for that Paul, I will check out the Arctic then.
        Cheers )

Comment

Working...
        X