Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• working in Antarctica as an engineer

Hello people!
    I am Alex,living in Athens and I have a bachelor in Mechanical engineering(and working experiance).
    I am asking if it is possible to work in Antactica mainly as an engineer in the fields of air conditioning,heat transfert etc..

Does it matter I am from a country that does not have lands in Antactica?

ps.thanks for the reply

Re: working in Antarctica as an engineer

I was thinking the same thing. Surely they have tech positions for HVAC and commercial appliances such as resturaunt epqipment and commercial refrigeration?

I.E. reach-in coolers flat top griddles, broilers , deep fryers and so on, especially in McMurdo? From what I understand McMurdo is like a small town complete with laundry-mats, restaraunts and shopping centers <---- not much but they have the basics and therefore require such services.

Comment

Re: working in Antarctica as an engineer

McMurdo doesn't have laundry-mats, but does have laundry facilities in all (or most) of the dorms. Two bars with limited hours, which serve a limited selection of food, one small store, a bowling alley, and a gymnasium. The galley is almost exclusively the source of meals. There are a number of things that require UTs (utility technicians) or engineers, however, including the power plant, water plant, and waste treatment plant.

Support jobs are restricted to American citizens or persons who can legally work in the United States, but grantees (scientists supported by research institutions) can be from any country.

Comment

Working...
      X