X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• career fair chances

Although I live in New York I am seriously considering attending the career fair in Colorado in April. My question for the forum is: what are my chances?

I am 22 and currently work at a major broker in nyc. I dont know if I want to pursue a career in this particular role in finance or go on to grad school/another job. I think that a trip to Antarctica would be a perfect time to gather my thoughts about what I would like to do next, and besides: its antarctica, there will be scientists around that I can converse with, there will be interesting people like me who go to Antarctica to talk to, and finally it will give me a chance to do some real work (not just sit behind a desk).

I am a good candidate because: I work long hours and Im used to it, Im sociable, and I can learn to do a general job rather quickly (i have cleaned bathrooms before, and i love to cook).

Having told you my mind set, I am curious to know what you think. I understand that it is competitive and if you tell me that my chances of getting a job are 1 out of 5, I will take the trip to the fair. But if they are anything less I do not know if its worth the trip. Can you give any kind of guideline? Thanks for your time.
Working...
X