X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Further inquiries

Hello, I had a few questions, as I'm currently looking into working in Antarctica this coming fall.

I'm almost 23, have worked in kennels/vet clinics nearly all my life, with about a year or so of retail experience, and an undergraduate going for an associates in science. I'm surely ready and willing to do a number of different things, but I cannot really say I'm experienced in any sort of trade. Although I have no professional experience as say, a janitor (even though some kennel work is close), would I be able to get a custodian position in Antarctica? Or are there any sort of entry-level positions available?

Also, would I be able to bring an acoustic guitar and/or a laptop, for something to do to fight off cabin fever if need be?

Finally, and horribly, I'm a smoker. Would I be able to go outside and have an occasional smoke? Is smoking horribly frowned upon, or even allowed?

Re: Further inquiries

If you are in the UK, try the BAS website http://www.bas.ac.uk/Employment/vacancies/index.php. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
    X