X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to wear to the job fair?

So I'm going to Colorado to check out the job fair this Friday, but I don't know what to wear. I don't really have a great grasp on the culture, so I'm worried about showing up in a suit and just not fitting in. Any ideas?

Re: What to wear to the job fair?

be yourself!

Comment

Well, if I be myself, I'll show up in ripped jeans with five days of stubble.....I don't really believe that would be the best thing to do.

I'm planning on wearing a suit, but I just worry I will come across as too stuffy. I know that it is generally a pretty casual environment down there. Any other ideas?

Comment

Hi Chulls,

I've never been and I'm not sure of the culture, but you can always tone a suit down by carrying the jacket if you feel uncomfortable, whereas you can't upgrade scruffy on the spot if you've underdone it.

I'd see it that a suit and a clean shave shows you've made the effort and want to make a good impression - besides if you do over-do it it'll be a great starting point when you get South "Hey aren't you the guy who turned up in Colorado in the suit!?"

Good luck, I'll have my fingers crossed for you. Don't forget to come back and let us know how it went.

Comment

Working...
        X