X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I just show up for the job fair?

I'm planning on attending the April 7th job fair, but I can't find any way to get in touch with recruiters. Should I just book a ticket and catch a cab to their HQ address? Is there no registration?

Also, how long should I plan on attending? Do I just show up, chit chat for a few minutes, and leave my resume? I'm flying in from CA, and I'm hoping to avoid staying the night.

Re: Do I just show up for the job fair?

Originally posted by chulls
    I'm planning on attending the April 7th job fair, but I can't find any way to get in touch with recruiters.
    There is no way to get in touch with them unless you already know who you want to contact.

Is there no registration?
    No. Just show up during the scheduled time.

Also, how long should I plan on attending?
    An hour or two, depending on how chatty you think you'll be.

Do I just show up, chit chat for a few minutes, and leave my resume?
    Yup, that's basically it. There will be lots of managers from various departments, and you may want to talk with several of them and leave resumes with each. Get lots of names, email addresses, and phone numbers so you can pester the managers later when you haven't heard from them. Apply for anything that sounds interesting, even jobs you think you may not be qualified for.

I'm flying in from CA, and I'm hoping to avoid staying the night.
    Easy. Catch an early flight to Denver. Rent a car. (Taxi from the airport >=$50 each way.) Plan on a late afternoon or evening flight back to CA. Traffic can be a hassle depending on the time of day; suggest you allow 3 hours before your returning flight to drive back to the airport, return the car, check-in, and get to the gate.

Recommended addition if you have extra time: After the job fair, drive to the Wynkoop Brewery -- LoDo section of downtown Denver, on 18th across the street from Union Station -- for a good microbrew to toast your ambition or drown your sorrows. Attending the job fair can be discouraging for first-timers, depending on what you're applying for, but it *is* the best way for someone outside the program to get a foot in the door.

Good luck.

glenn
    Last edited by glenn; 6th March 2006, 23:04.

Comment

Re: Do I just show up for the job fair?

or just skip the whole thing and get beers at the brewery!!

Comment

Working...
      X