Announcement Module
No announcement yet.

Hi, some help please?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hi, some help please?

    I was wondering if there are any real glaciologists who may post here? Basically I am just starting university in USA and I want to be a glaciologist. The school I'm in now doesn't have anything even closely resembling this, and I was looking for some guidance as to where I should transfer to. I am really quite clueless after sifting through various university webpages as to what schools would be a good choice for an undergraduate looking to become a glaciologist. If anyone has any informed idea, or knows where I could direct this question for some guidance, I'd really appreciate it.

    Thanks a bunch,

  • #2
    Re: Hi, some help please?

    Hi Dan,

    Glaciologists usually have a first degree in Physical Geography or Geology with a smaller number who started off as Physicists. I guess it helps if the place where you do your degree has relevant options as part of the course too.

    You could try emailing the relevant organizations in your country from the links here:


    • #3
      Re: Hi, some help please?

      Thanks a lot Paul