Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jobs, do they excist?

Hello people.

I am a photographer who seeks for a chance to go to Antarctica. What I dont know is how to do it. I wonder if one of you maybe have the nolige?

I would be pleased to here some facts about how I can try to go there in my professional field.

/Mango

Re: Jobs, do they excist?

The day I see a job advertised as a photographer in Antarctica - I'll eat a husky (small-one).

This is the kind of job you have to make for yourself by being a great photographer and then either paying your own way and making a profit from selling your photographs when you get back, or by being so good and well known that the likes of the BBC, National Geographic or similar hire you on a contract basis for a particular assignment.

So, how to make this happen? Take lots and lots of photgraphs of nature scenes and wildlife, sell them and become well known as a photographer, enter competitions (win!) and repeat.

Many of the pictures you see from Antarctica were taken by people who were working there in some other capacity and took photographs as well.

Comment

i would like to go as a writer. a movie writer....

Comment

Hi, There! Okay, are you currently a writer and what kind of script would you have for the Antarctica?

Comment

Hello new Member! I am also new to this site and sorry, I cannot help you there but wish you good luck and hope other members can be of help to you.

Comment

Originally posted by ladyjanuary
            Hi, There! Okay, are you currently a writer and what kind of script would you have for the Antarctica?

documentary script for movies of the same sort. let me guess i'm gonna need a 32 year degree and 8 million dollars right?

Comment

Originally posted by Pirates Armada
              i'm gonna need a 32 year degree and 8 million dollars right?
              You've looked into this before haven't you?

Comment

<G> Actually, on the one hour drive into Atlanta today, I came up with a few ideas for a novel/movie. Gimme some time and I'll get one done. <G>

Nancy

Comment

You don't have to have a job being a photographer. Go and do something else then take alot of pictures. Apply, the only thing it will cost you is 4 months, and you get paid. You could come out with a lot of neat pictures.

Comment

Working...
                  X