X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hackers

Hi Paul, thank you for the notification about CoolAntartic being attacked by hackers. Sometimes, no not sometimes, I have always felt that they do not have a life. So the only way they can get entertainment is to cause damage in some way or another.
    Anyway, I am so please that you are up and going again.
    Best of luck for the future of CoolAntarctica.
    Mausey

Thanks for the message Mausey. It's the inconvenience of it all that the PITA.

On another note - please don't keep leaving a link to your commercial site, sigs are allowed after 50 posts unless non-commercial and relevant.

Comment

hi mausey. i was looking for uggs to buy as a gift on your site. which ones do you recommend or like? they all seem the same.

what the heck is a PITA?
      this site should look into a donation link where visitors could spare a couple bucks via paypal??? just an idea. if it increases business for people like mausey so that they could leave there related link then it's a win win.
      i know i could spare a shinny quarter or something.

Comment

PITA - pain in the arse.

I don't like the idea of Paypal donations - just doesn't feel right.

People with commercial sites know how to go about getting advertising and inbound links legitimately. Keeping posting links for free on bulletin boards and forums is a sneaky way of going about it.

Urls can be placed in sigs after 50 posts - in other words for active forum users, which most commercial sites aren't. Take a look at the memberlist for this site and see how many registered users there are with no posts to their name. Many of those had links to their own sites as the main/only reason for joining - I then removed them.

This site is intended to raise awareness of Antractica and provide a resource for anyone interested. The commercial parts of it are to pay for the not inconsiderable overheads keeping it going. I'm afraid helping other people's businesses for free is not part of the plan.
        Last edited by Paul Ward; 14th January 2006, 16:47.

Comment

Re: Hackers

Originally posted by Paul
          Thanks for the message Mausey. It's the inconvenience of it all that the PITA.

On another note - please don't keep leaving a link to your commercial site, sigs are allowed after 50 posts unless non-commercial and relevant.

Ok I am rather new to this area of the net. Sorry if I have offended
          Mausey

Comment

of all the places that you could hack into, why pick an antarctica forum?! you've got to be the lamest hacker among hackers to do something so pointless.

Comment

Like 2 years ago, one of forums i administer, running (at that time) on phpBB2, has been attacked by a local moron, first impersonating some of our political enemies, and later playing straight-forward, himself. Our forum i snot, and never was, politically oriented and there was absolutely no reason to do it... That guy was, I have later discovered, arrested by Serbian police for some credit card fraud and other nasty stuff...

So, why do they come here? As Paul said above, for one and one reason only, to advertise this or that.

Should they be punished? Certainly! How? Well, I can't say what I really think because it is A BIT illegal

Comment

Working...
              X