X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off the Ice on 9 October

In USAP lingo, my "redeployment date" (departure date) is 9 October, though that could change due to weather or other factors. I expect to be kicking around New Zealand through most of October, then maybe hitting Australia for a week or two in November (I'm thinking Sydney and Perth - Sydney because it's one of my favorite cities, and Perth because I haven't been to West Australia yet).

I'm thinking of getting a round-the-world ticket and visiting a number of places, and want to include some low-cost countries where I can relax for a while. Thailand is a popular choice, and I think I'd like to see Indonesia, and I've long been fascinated by Nepal because of the Gurkhas and Paraguay because of both the Jesuit War and the War of the Triple Alliance (I like history, especially military history, but I'm not a fanatic about it).

But I'd also like to meet people and get a little beyond the tourist routes.

So I thought I would ask here: where do you think I should go? Anyone I should meet?

Re: Off the Ice on 9 October

Hey oct 9th that is the day I should be arriving on ice. Maybe I'll get to say hi after all.

Comment

I was considering going to the Himalayas this summer (northern summer that is), Nepal seemed to be a bit too lively at the time for tourists (in a dangerous way). I decided that I intend to go to Bhutan at some point, I didn't then as Nov/Dec is supposed to be the best time to go, but I'll be working - so that's my suggestion of where I think you should go, Bhutan.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan
        So I thought I would ask here: where do you think I should go? Anyone I should meet?
        Well, if you happen to be in Eastern Europe any time between Nov. 28 and Jan. 17 let ne know

After that, I am moving back to Nigeria

Comment

Working...
        X