X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations Paul!!!

Hey folks, a big round of applause for our dedicated webmaster Paul as the 'views' count on the photo gallery tip over the 2 million mark. It takes a lot of time and effort by Paul to keep Cool Antarctica up and running and we all benefit from his sterling efforts.

THANKS PAUL!

Drummy

Re: Congratulations Paul!!!

Thanks for your post Drummy. I can't take all the credit though, the Members Pictures section in particular is mostly NOT my pictures (and as it happens, there are a significant number of yours there too!).

So it's also a big thanks you and congratulations to those people who have uploaded their Antarctic pics (and there are some fantastic ones there) who have helped in building this site to what it is today.

Planned updates and additions over the next few months are a section on Antarctic Bases with pictures and hopefully stories from people who were there, additions to the history section and more accessibility options added to the schools pages.

I've also been planning a cd for sale (at modest cost) from the site of many of the pictures tied together in a captioned (and maybe narrated) Power Point presentation.

Funny thing is when I started Cool Antarctica in 2001, I estimated that it would be esentially "finished" in about 3 years. Here we are 6 years on and my to-do list is bigger than it's ever been!

Comment

Re: Congratulations Paul!!!

Paul,
      I bet in 6 years time your to-do list will be even longer. The Topsy effect strikes again.
      It's easy to be a supporter when someone else does all the real work so be damned to modesty, take the praise!

Cheers

Drummy

Comment

Working...
      X