Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBC Frozen Planet needs your advise

Hi there,

The BBC Natural History Unit is currently looking for stories for the sequel to Planet Earth, Frozen Planet, this time based solely on the polar regions. We are looking to document the poles in way never managed before. We now have the scope to film things that were previously too expensive or difficult, or to film things previously unknown to science.

To make sure we don't miss anything that the 'ultimate portrayal of our poles' should include, we need your help.

What have you seen or heard off that you would like to see on screen? It's easy to assume we have already filmed things, often we haven’t, so all ideas of stories, locations and animals are welcome.

I can give more information to those interested,

Many thanks for all your help,

Matt

matthew.swarbrick@bbc.co.uk

Re: BBC Frozen Planet needs your advise

Hi Matthew,

That sounds like something to look forward to!

We have a 60th reunion coming up soon at the base I was at and so currently I am having a lot of contact with people from that period, I will pass on your request to them.

A fairly simple thing to film that I've never seen and was always one of my favourite experiences is diving with fur seals. I have seen sea-lions and Galapagos seals in this context, but never u/w film of Antarctic Fur Seals.

Also Elephant Seals catching squid would be great.

Can't recall ever seeing film of a huge krill swarm - swimming through it with a camera.

I'll let you know if I think of more - very pleased another BBC film is to be made of the poles.

Comment

Re: BBC Frozen Planet needs your advise

Hi Paul,

The bait ball is a sequence we have wanted for a long time, the Eli's is something we havent thought about too much, could a good challenge. If you send me your email address I could send you a few more details about the series prior to your renunion.

Thanks again,

Matt

Comment

Working...
      X