X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greets!

Hi! I've just edited an ebook on Antarctic Exploration - a topic that has fascinated me for years - and rather than watch my book get published and then disappear without a trace I thought I would at least mention (plug!) it once on this forum of Antarctic Aficionados! Its called "The Antarctic Exploration Anthology: the Personal Accounts of the Great Antarctic Explorers", and it's available on iBooks and Kobo, (and soon on the Kindle).
    Last edited by Paul Ward; 22nd April 2013, 19:31.

Re: Greets!

Hello and welcome to the board.

Link removed, that sort of advertising isn't allowed for newbies I'm afraid, I would also question "editing" as a description.

Links to 4 ebooks here: http://www.coolantarctica.com/Antarc...%20history.htm

...then on the book pages, they can be downloaded for free.

Comment

Hi Paul,

Thanks. Completely understand removal of the link. I saw that you have some of the e-books available to download for free on the site, but I hasten to add they are in a very different format to the Anthology that I have very definitely just "Edited"!

While I applaud you for making the texts available for free, the ebooks from Gutenberg generally contain hundreds of spelling and punctuation errors, which I have painstakingly 'edited' from my ebooks, as well as adding a huge selection of original expedition photographs, maps, illustrations, appendices with meteorological measurements, bespoke covers, and active tables of contents.

This has been a labour of love more than anything else, but I can understand your trepidation, as I have admittedly only just joined the site. I hope I can contribute to this forum in the future! Regards.

Comment

Ah, you came back and used words that appear to human derived

I may have been hasty (ok, I was).

Welcome - again.

Comment

Working...
        X