X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hy

Hello all. I found this site and forum trying to find some jobs abroad. I am from Croatia, have 22 years and some experience in computing and IT which I finished school in, but also experience in tinsmithing and some other categories, mostly because it is hard to find any kind of job here and even harder to find some job in your category of knowledge so I work wherever I can, whatever I can and whenever I can. Howevere I would like very much to work on Antartica but I see many people are applying here and mostly proffesionals and university deggre get chance.

Re: Hy

Welcome Slunjski.

You do usually need to be professionally skilled, though there are some generalists who get jobs in Antarctica. To some degree it's down to tenacity and the ability to travel to interview if you get one, to be fair it sounds like you don't have a lot of chance, but it's not zero. It's worth applying still.

Comment

Yeah I see mostly they are looking for experts which is logical, anyway tnx for heads up...

Comment

Slunjski, sretno

Comment

Originally posted by flighter View Post
          Slunjski, sretno
          hvala...Ti si tu sa našeg područja?...Kolko dugo si već tamo?

Comment

Slunjski, I have never been down there on Antarctica... However, maybe one day I will, one way or another. Off the record, I am from Sremska Mitrovica, working for exactly 10 years in Nigeria (yeah, yeah, huge contrast compared to Antarctica)...

Comment

Slunjski, I have never been down there on Antarctica... However, maybe one day I will, one way or another. Off the record, I am from Sremska Mitrovica, working for exactly 10 years in Nigeria (yeah, yeah, huge contrast compared to Antarctica)...
              aha...I know it is maybe a little off topic but how is it there in Nigeria, any job, any need for foreign workers?

Comment

If you have some experience with digital printing (dry offset and other technologies) we can talk

Other than that, it all depends. A lot of foreigners work for Oil & gas companies here.

Comment

If you have some experience with digital printing (dry offset and other technologies) we can talk

Other than that, it all depends. A lot of foreigners work for Oil & gas companies here.
                  I don't just computing and IT and that other stuff I have wrote in my first post, unfortunatelly I am not an expert in any field...

Comment

Working...
                  X