X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glad to find an Antarctica forum!

I'm just a lowly tourist from America, but I am very excited to see a forum on Antarctica! Thank you to the person/people who maintain it.

I'll be heading down on two back-to-back Lindblad cruises from mid-October to mid-November. We're scheduled to visit South Georgia, the Falklands, and the tip of Antarctica over the course of a month. My favorite hobby is photography, and I can't think of a better photographic expedition....I can't wait!

Anyway - Hello to everyone here thanks for allowing me to join, and I hope to give some forum contributions from time to time.

Re: Glad to find an Antarctica forum!

Welcome to CoolAntarctica, Poindexter.

I'm sure you are in for a most enjoyable 'double' trip and you'll certainly get plenty of photographic opportunities, assuming the weather cooperates!

Drummy

Comment

Thanks Drummy.

Comment

Hi poindexter and welcome.

Sounds like a dream trip you have lined up there! One thing you might want to consider that will go against the grain.... Go out sometimes with no camera gear. I used to do this (but I had the luxury of time). Experience Antarctica without looking at it through a lens or always be thinking of how this will record as a photograph.

The reward will be indelible images in your mind and a freedom that you appreciate all the more as a contrast.

Please come back and upload some images here too

Comment

Thanks for the tip. I may be an anglo-American, but I can certainly be Japanese behind the camera!

Yes, you will see some photos here

Comment

Working...
          X