X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie from Australia <---------

Hi all, I am a newbie here. my name is Melanie (corrie is my middle name but it sounded better with the word Cool) umm.. I just got accepted into Uni this year at Flinders Uni to do my Registered Nursing. after i qualify I would like to go to Antarctica maybe doing some Nursing work or anything else i can get. I really look forward to being close friends with other people (i hear you can form good friendships in Antarctica) that's my main reason for going as well as the beauty of it all. I have been trying to find an Australia fair i know they have them in the US do they have fairs in Aus too?? I'd like to have a good chance to visit. I am registering interest now so you can see by the time i am qualified that i would have been interested for a long time in going and hopefully I will know some people before i go. any advice always appreciated.
    Much love mel or Cool_Corrie

Re: Newbie from Australia &lt;---------

Hi Melanie,

Welcome to CoolAntarctica.

What you need to do is find the organisation responsible for Australian operations in Antarctica. To give you a clue it's called the Australian Antarctic Division! You might just find some recruitment info on its website. It shouldn't be too hard to find through Google, after all you did manage to find us here.

Even though you still have to complete your nursing degree it might be worth your while making contact and talking to someone there as to what what opportunities there might be for you and the sort of expertise AAD is looking for.

Best of luck with both your nursing career and antarctic aspirations.

Drummy

Comment

Re: Newbie from Australia &lt;---------

Oh thank you thank you so much Drummy,
      I had no idea how long i might have had to be waiting for a reply so thank you
      so much for getting back to me so quickly. I think i found something on the Australian Division the other day but the web page wouldn't load however i will keep trying.
      Cheers Cool_corrie Mel

Comment

Working...
      X