X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I'm old but I have a new friend

Well then we have something. I used to help out at the homeless shelter here in Anchorage. Talk about special needs. The bad part is most have a choice not to over use spirits or illegal drugs. A lot are AFS. I had to get away after a time; my fault, I started taking their problems home with me. One can ony due so much.

Special needs, WOW! now that has to be a real heartbreaker at times and the time when success is obtained.
    God bless you.
    Bill W.

:cool:

Comment

It is heartbreaking especially because they are children. Adults have a choice but in most cases our students don't have a choice, or someone else has made a bad choice on their behalf. That's the worst part. The successes are few and far between, but are more meaningful and rewarding when they occur.

I've been doing a lot of soul searching of late to be honest, and I've been having doubts about this work that I do, but your comments have put things back into perspective for me. Thank you for reminding me of why I got into this business to begin with . I feel humbled.

psr

Comment

We all can use a little humility to help us focus. I thank God for that.
        Heck, if I thought I was going to live this long; I would have taken better care of myself...

Goog day mate

Comment

Lol William. I'm sure you've looked after yourself well enough...you're mind and heart are certainly well looked after...who cares about the other stuff?

Comment

Today here in th USA it's Memorial Day, a day with thoughts of all our military veterans. Al government offices are closed. Funny, the stores are opened to with open hands to take our money; busing things we do not want, need or can afford.

Pleasehave a wonderful day there in the down under. Me, I am going to the park and do a walk about.

Good day mate.
            Bill W.

Comment

William.....I think it's about time you tried out your new language on the natives. You need to come to Australia for a visit.

I hope you enjoy your walk in the park. We just had ANZAC day which is our memorial day and the shops were closed until 1pm in honour of all those who died serving and defending their country. It makes you wonder just how invaluable and cheap life really is. It's quite sad actually that our morals and values are always clouded by the dollar!

Have a wonderful day.

psr

Comment

You have my permission to use my E-Maill address if you want.

William.Wurthmann@yahoo.com

And it was a good day all in all....my neighbor invited me over for some chicken and ribs on the barby........

It is late and I have a meeting early in the AM.

Good night

Bill W.

Comment

Originally posted by William(Bill) Wurthmann
                  Oh!!!!!!, that's a good one... You made my evening. Today was a good day as Anchorage goes...71 deg. I saw my first bear this season...a black sow maybe 350 to 400 lbs.

Have a great evening.
                  Bill W.

P.S. thanks again...
                  That bear is a big girl. I have been seeing a lone male about once a week on my mountain bike rides. I am riding the North Catamount Creek area near Pikes Peak near my house. I am a little concerned that he is getting too used to my presence. The first time I saw him he bolted up a tree. The second time he ran away, the last time we met he just sauntered away. What will he do next? There are places where the trail isn't wide enough for the two of us to pass comfortably...I will give him the right of way!

Comment

Offer him your bike and climb a tree yourself?

Comment

Working...
                    X