X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to travel from Europe?

How I can travel to Antarctica from Europe? How much such a trip costs? Thank you a lot for information.

Re: How to travel from Europe?

Most tourists to Antarctica visit the peninsula via a cruise ship. Prices vary, but shopping around you should be able to find something in the US$10,000 range for the flight and cruise. Maybe you'll find something better.

At South Pole Station we got a very few tourists, and were told they paid about US$35,000 each for the trip, PLUS there were medical requirements. I know they flew in on Kenn Borek airplanes, I think via Patriot Hills, but I don't know who made the arrangements.

http://www.borekair.com/

Comment

Thanks for the information. That would be useful. Hopefully in the end of this year/the beginning of next year, I'll manage to find enought time to travel half of the globe

Comment

you can Consider air travel. There are various companies that fly to Antarctica, from Punta Arenas in Chile; from Cape Town in South Africa, and from Qantas in Australia.Some flights are simply fly overs and you can see Antarctica from the air, while some are fly-cruise options. Other flights fly straight into Antarctica and you get to stay at the base or camp set up just for the tourism purposes. Be aware that flights are subject to cancellations due to weather and other safety issues.

Comment

I am planning a trip to Chile, and am wondering what the best cruise options are. Has anyone done one of these cruises, and are there any that you would suggest? Best prices? Best experience, etc.? Also, what is the best time of the year to visit Antarctica from Chile? Any advice and information would be greatly appreciated as I plan out my trip. Thanks in advance for any helpful words of wisdom.

Comment

Most Antarctic trips leave from Ushuaia in Argentina which isn't too far from Chile at the southern tip of Patagonia, there will be much more choice if you leave from there. Start here on the travel pages for more information.

Comment

I had never visited Europe but I will plan to visit Europe in next summer vacation with my family at that time these information will useful to me.

Comment

Josephhinds, I wish you to have some good time in Europe... but... this thread is more for those living in Europe who want to visit Antarctica.

Anyway, welcome to the forum.

Comment

Working...
                X