X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private Charter

I am looking to taking some school children to cruise Antarctica - can anyone point me in the right direction for privately chartering a vessel at all? Not sure of numbers at the mo but certainly in double figures.

Thanks - Iain

that's a wonderful idea that you have, but it also sounds quite dangerous, however it costs a least $4,000 for one person the go to Antarctica and if you want a charter, i can imagine the price being in the 5 digit range. if you can manage pulling this idea off, i'm sooooo enivious of these children! :mrgreen:

Comment

Re: Private Charter

Originally posted by iain_barr
      I am looking to taking some school children to cruise Antarctica - can anyone point me in the right direction for privately chartering a vessel at all? Not sure of numbers at the mo but certainly in double figures.

Thanks - Iain
      Hi Ian,

I'm in the process of converting an old Dutch 140 ft. fishing trawler into a private yacht. Since I live in Panama, we think about chartering around Panama half the year and the rest - on a recommendation - around Antartica. Since my background is education, I'd love to develop a niche for kids. Of course, it's never going to be cheap . Let me know what you have found so far.

Thorwald

Comment

Originally posted by Lilith
        that's a wonderful idea that you have, but it also sounds quite dangerous, however it costs a least $4,000 for one person the go to Antarctica and if you want a charter, i can imagine the price being in the 5 digit range. if you can manage pulling this idea off, i'm sooooo enivious of these children! :mrgreen:
        Hi Lilith,

I'm in the process of converting an old Dutch 140 ft. fishing trawler into a private yacht. Since I live in Panama, we think about chartering around Panama half the year and the rest - on a recommendation - around Antartica. Since my background is education (and marine engineering), I'd love to develop a niche for kids. Of course, it's never going to be cheap but I''m pretty confident we can stay in the $ 4-7 K range.

Thorwald

Comment

Hi there
          My wife and I own a superly built 36 metre ex Japanese research vessel which is very suitable for cruising the antartic and other interesting parts of the world. We have accomodation for up to 20 and at present liferaft safety for 14. We are located at the moment on the Brisbane river Australia. we can be contacted at sashimipatrick@bigpond.com for more info.
          Best regards to all Patrick and Jo

Comment

Working...
          X