Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Congratulations Paul!!!

HI Paul,

Unfortunately I didn't get to watch the entire news report on the Sea Shepherd and the Japanese (again) but what is going on?? When is something going to be done about whaling for "scientific" purposes?? I mean really! How is studying a dead whale going to help you come closer to understanding how a live whale lives in its natural habitat?? How stupid do these Japanese think we are? Whales have always been one of my favourites but how much longer can people ignore the facts...we are going to lose them and then what? I'm sorry but I guess I needed to vent!

psr

PS You've got mail.

Comment

Re: Sea Shepherd

Everyone should donate anything they can to Sea Shepherd Conservation even if it is a small donation. They are the only ones who are actively protecting our oceans (which are being devastated by over fishing) Pass the word on too. Tell people you know about their mission. If they care enough they too will donate.

At this time it's obvious governments such as Australia are all talk and no action when it comes to using force. Which means we are left with all the hard work the caring folks at Sea Shepherd do.

ps - whale killers/eaters, take a long walk off a short dock in the name of science!!

Comment

Obviously I'm not the only onw who feels strongly about this topic and although I hate to admit the uselessness of the Australian government when it comes to environmental issues I have to agree with you. We've just had a change of government and a lot more "greenies" are finding their way to parliament house. Many people are hoping that this new government will act on their election promises (fools that we are) and they will try and find a balance between our environmental concerns and our industrial/economic growth. They have started on a small scale but unfortunately the issue of whaling no one wants to touch. They were making noises about doing something last night on the news in reaction to the Japanese whalers but even though a government ship was sent out it won't do anything!!!! Maybe the Sea SHepherd crew should be sailing it! Aren't there any environmentally conscience Japanese people??? Why don't they kick up a fuss about the actions of their whalers? Surely not all Japanese people agree with whaling?

Let's hope that the whales fiind somewhere to hide.............? As an Australian I guess I feel that our government should be more responsible or at least let the greenies do their job without interfering. We love to go whale spotting and use the whales as a tourist attraction but we don't want to pull our fingers to try and save them. Ther irony is that the don't need saving...they just want to be left alone!

psr

PS Maybe we need to build a longer dock......which ends at a high cliff with no water beneath!

Comment

green peace is protecting the Whalers!!! how funny is that. i don't understand why people give these folks money to exist when all they do at best is take pictures/videos and send them in to lobby for whaling to stop. here's a news flash - everyone nows the whaling is going on already and the meat is being sold to the market place. your green peace crew was caught eating it in japan. there were also tons of whale meat that was just confiscated from korea.
          how much more evidence is needed before a government or someone in the government with balls will step up and do something? green peace hinders the sea shepherd from protecting whales. they are phony, go home green peace!!!!!!

Comment

Sea Shepherd is about to embark again,Operation Musshi

we do have a forum as well ,if any one wants to keep up to date with whats going on.

http://www.seashepherd.com.au/forum/register.php

Comment

Hello Angie,
              It's Bill from Alaska. Thought that I would attempt to join in Sea Shephard fourm........
              Tell me what's going on.......
              Bill W.

Comment

From my experience with different kind of monsters, only one method really works, force. It is either you push those in power to force them out, or you have to force them out. The only question is how to do it without endangering human lives.

Comment

Working...
                X