Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Global Warming a Diversion and $$$ For Elitists?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Global Warming a Diversion and $$$ For Elitists?

The Earth has been on a warming trend for no less than 6 thousand years and of course there have been slight deviations within the 6K years as well. However, the over all trend of Global Warming has been going on at least since the end of the Pleistocene Period. During the Pleistocene Era, no less than 30% of the Earth was covered with thick ice. However, over the course of thousands of years much of this ice has retreated and continues to retreat until the next ice age comes about.

Most scientists including myself, do believe that the Earth?s Orbit, Axis Tilt, Plate Tectonics, and the Sun Spot Activity Cycles are the Major Factors affecting the Earth?s Albedo Effect, Sea Ice, Glacial Volume, Ocean Salinity, and the Majority of our Planets Climate Patterns. Human or Anthropogenic contributions of Co2 into our atmosphere by our consumption of Fossil fuels has no significant impact upon the Earth?s Climate. Anthropogenic Co2 production and its affect upon Global Warming are as significant as The Low 1.6 Gallon Consumption Toilets. Also Fossil fuel use as a source of Energy is only a temporary phase, as future Energy Sources as history has proven will be discovered and developed.

My point is, for those of you who have the ability to take your time and do some credible scientific method research you will find that 100% of the Fear Mongering and the new Watch Your Carbon Foot Impact Movement is all about Hyperbole and has nothing at all to do with good science. Some believers may not realize they are being Scammed, as the only thing Green about this Movement is the Green $$$$$$$ a Powerful Group of Elitists are Depositing in their Bank Accounts because of the ignorance and cult like characteristics of the people who believe this Diversion will lead to Dooms Day. What is Dangerous for all of us is how this Fear and Myth could soon lead to very restrictive measures, exorbitant taxes and not to mention the dilution of our freedoms!

For example one reader who responded, had cited the United Nations IPCC, (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change) Report, as the Holy Grail regarding the Earth?s Climate. This is a sad reference of a purely politically driven report. Each so-called Scientist has been appointed by the country of origin. Grant Money is allocated by the United Nations to participating countries based upon participation, agreement, and subscription to the IPCC Report. In the Majority of instances, this U.N. Grant Money is used for anything except for Climate studies. Some countries even use it for Terrorist Financing.

If one clearly looks into many programs and studies sponsored by the U.N. you will find that so many are plagued with corruption and bad science. The U.N.s World Health Organization for example has hardly ever produced an accurate Epidemiological Study. They could not even determine if Second Hand Smoke caused Lung Cancer!

There are serious Environmental Concerns and Foundations that have been denied adequate funding because so much grant money is being hoarded by the Global Warming Fanatics. Fresh Water Hydrology Scientists no longer get the funding they need to help promote legislation and public policy to protect our Finite Fresh Water Tables. Our Planet is also facing an Extinction Epidemic where in our children?s lifetime most Sub Saharan African Wild Life will soon only be living in Zoos. Like the poor Tiger that was shot dead last week near the San Francisco Zoo! Further, absolutely and hardly any Media Press is given to the Horrific World Fishing Practices. Fish Trawling proves how greedy a species humans really are. Should we not be more aware of these immediate and pressing Environmental Concerns or will be be continuously scammed by a mute issue only to make a few Elitists more Powerful and Wealthy.?

Re: Is Global Warming a Diversion and $$$ For Elitists?

Another typical skeptic post.

Lots of very definite statements with no evidence to substantiate them.

Most scientists including myself, do believe that the Earth?s Orbit, Axis Tilt, Plate Tectonics, and the Sun Spot Activity Cycles are the Major Factors affecting the Earth?s Albedo Effect, Sea Ice, Glacial Volume, Ocean Salinity, and the Majority of our Planets Climate Patterns. Human or Anthropogenic contributions of Co2 into our atmosphere by our consumption of Fossil fuels has no significant impact upon the Earth?s Climate. Anthropogenic Co2 production and its affect upon Global Warming are as significant as The Low 1.6 Gallon Consumption Toilets. Also Fossil fuel use as a source of Energy is only a temporary phase, as future Energy Sources as history has proven will be discovered and developed.
    What utter rubbish! Since when did you speak for "Most scientists" - the fact being that "Most scientists" do NOT think what you said. Or do you discount those who disagree in the same way you discount the IPCC? Therefore you end up meaning "most who agree with me, disagree with what I disagree with, and the rest can't be trusted" - typical skeptic rhetoric.

as the only thing Green about this Movement is the Green $$$$$$$ a Powerful Group of Elitists are Depositing in their Bank Accounts

Yawn! - so Anthropogenic Global warming is all a scam to make money? This coming at a time of highest ever oil prices? - no money at all to be made maintaining the sataus quo eh? China opening a new coal fired power station every week to drive their mammoth economy. Meanwhile the greenies are making a fortune out of windmills and recycling plastic bags? Do you really take yourself seriously in this regard?

I am considering locking and archiving this global warming forum as it's becoming a series of skeptics who have no voice in the real world about this repeating the same thing over and over again.

You have nothing new to add here it seems, but enjoy saying it all again anyway.

It seems to always reduce to "If we disregard the evidence for global warming, there is no evidence" - then follows a load of spurious non-proven claims which when the flaws are pointed out are instantly dumped to be replaced by something else - no better, just different - to try and "prove" what they've already decided.

I agree with your point about underfunding of other environmental issues, though global warming dwarfs them in global importance. Seems to make more sense to me to deal with the biggest issues that we can do something about than to focus on relatively minor issues that may be swept away metaphorically and possibly even literally by the effects of global warming.

There is also the fact that there seems to be a lot of sour grapes by scientists who can't get funding for their own pet projects as they are regarded as insufficiently important by the funding suppliers. Easier to blame an external reason than their own short-comings as a scientist. This group seem to be somewhat over-represented amongst the skeptics.
    footnote - CometWarpVoyager then followed this up with a personal attack with a whole range of unfounded and irrelevant accusations. I will not allow this board to be reduced to a series of personal battles that occur on other internet forums from time to time. As Global Warming seems to be a particularly emotive issue I am now locking the forum, it can be viewed, but no longer accepts new posts or threads.
    Last edited by Paul Ward; 13th January 2008, 12:59.

Comment

Working...
    X