Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Global Warming right - I don't geddit?

By the way Snow, I do agree with you that people are making money from our woes and misfortunes. That's a real issue too.

psr

Comment

I am not the one with my head in the sand. AND my country is leading the way for the cleanest standards in industry period! USA! NO OTHER country even comes close.

Comment

Well good for you snowcat!!! You obviously have it all worked out. By the way, I didn't single out any particular country and I did not make any accusations against the USA. So, do I detect a guilty conscience??? Hmmm....perhaps. Well, we may need to take this little
        tete-a-tete some place else. I don't want to offend anyone and I'm sure neither do you. So, if you really have something to get off your chest please write me a letter. I would love to hear from you. An intelligent discussion is always good for exercising the mind. Tata and remember to smile. It's "greenhouse gas" free!

psr

Comment

Seems to me you might be having the guilty conscience. I never said you accused the USA of anything. I was just telling you where I lived. Also 70% of communication is visual. So that may be the reason you think I'm upset? I'm neither upset, angered or frustrated. I was just stating the facts. I unlike some people dont let my emotions over ride my brian. PM me sometime I would love to talk with you. PM or here. I have nothing to hide.

In regards to Carbon Credits its a new scam that Al Gore has brought to the table. You can pay his companies to plant trees to offset the bad Carbons we as humans produce. I believe about 20% of each dollar goes to the actual Planting of trees. The other 80% goes to the company. SCAM.

Comment

Carbon credits have always sounded sleazy to me, it's unfortunate that wherever there is a possibility for money to be made, someone will bend the truth to allow more of it to happen.

It's big business which is the worst and dirtiest at such times, the rewards are biggest and there's a greater possibility of taking the money and running while leaving a smokescreen behind.

The whole offsetting business as a new poorly understood area is rife for scams, personally I don't think any of it should exist as it allows individuals and companies to think that as long as they pay a little, it negates the pollution that they produce. It doesn't matter how much you pay me, if you piss in my well and it's the only source of water I have, you've still pissed in my well.

We shouldn't allow it to take our eye off the ball however and it doesn't mean that man made global warming isn't happening.

Snowcat - it's funny how journalists and politicians put a spin on things as here in the UK, we all think that WE are leading the world in cutting emissions!

Comment

I believe you are Number#2 for cleanest Industrial nation. I agree with you about having someone oiss in your well! I find these type of people who travel all over the world telling you how You need to live your life but have 3 mansions (20,000 square feet and more each fully heated and ready to go even when empty), massive SUVs and travel with 3 or 4 of them everywhere they go. Fly in a private jets. Yet they are producing the legistature that says we must not do the very things they themselves are doing. I find it insulting!

Comment

Snowcat...LOL!!!! Thanks for the laugh. Actually it was more of a giggle. I think I will PM you...

And Paul?? I thought Australia was leading the world?? At least that's what they keep telling us!

All kidding aside, Paul, you have made a really good point. Sometimes it feels like we're all puppets and it would be nice if more of the "truth" actually came out.

psr

Comment

LOL,
                  I heard Australia was the worst! Nah just kidding. I believe CHINA gets that award! Did you see the Golf Turnament? The crowds of onlookers were wearing masks because of the smog! Disgusting! God Help us if they take over the world!

Comment

They're taking over the world??? Why wasn't I informed???

Seriously, I think Australia could try a little harder....hopefully the new government will see the BENEFIT of preserving our unique environment.

psr

Comment

Working...
                    X