X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Study: Global Warming Caused by Sun

September 5th, 2006 4:26 PM, College Station, TX -- Texas A&M University's Department of Agricultural Sciences made a break through discovery about the phenomenon known as global warming. "I was out checkin' all my cows in this scorchin' heat when I got to thinkin' about global warming" says Michael Beltrue, a sophomore agg. student at Texas A&M. "I started putting one and one together and I kept getting three. I told my professor about this and before I knew it, we had us a new project!"

Laboratory studies found that on days when the Sun rose in the morning, thermometer readings skyrocketed. Peer review with other scholastic institutions verified these findings. "We had our class replicate the experiments done at A&M and had remarkably similar results!" said Susan Pelenski, 3rd grade teacher at Oakdale Elementary School. "The kids really enjoyed this. It's way better than that whole vinegar and baking soda volcano experiment we did last semester."

Professor Noe Inkling, head of Agricultural Studies couldn't be located for an interview, but his associate, Professor Fulkin Klewlis helped us to understand the research better. "It seems that the Sun gives off rays that caused all of this heat. That's what we're really talkin' about here."

Copyright 2006, Dissociated Press
    Daniel Santos

Disclaimer: This posting is humor (please don't flame me for debunking global warming! For those not familiar with Texas A&M, this posting is also somewhat of an "Aggie joke", a fairly popular sport here.
    Last edited by Daniel Santos; 5th September 2006, 23:07.

Re: New Study: Global Warming Caused by Sun

Daniel,

I think sometimes we need a little light humour to put things into perspective....I might need to quote Mr Fulkin Klewlis one day so I hope you don't mind...by the way...being Aussie I'm not familiar with the sophomore Aggie thing, so basically, what is it????????????

psr

Comment

yeah klew us in eh? otherwise it's a real snoozer of a topic hear, doncha think psr?

Comment

I don't know about that pirates....I haven't had this much fun since my last visit to the dentist!! Besides all that talk of gloom and doom is enough to get anyone's heart racing!

psr

Comment

you are one strange bird psr, if i may call you that. as far as i can tell there isn't much of that "the world is going to hell in a handbasket" talk here. what i can see as progress has been uncovering perpatraders of this delicate little existence we call humanity. problem solution, check and balances, debate and so on..having starting points making change and what have you. discovering new ideas...you get the picture. gloom and doom to me is turning a blind eye. I absolutly love the dentist too!!! that whole "are you guys pulling out my gums kind of feeling" looks like we this could be the start of something special psr, i mean me and you.

Comment

I think the term "aggie" originally referred to somebody going to college to study agriculture and for Texas A&M University, became the "pet name" of somebody who graduated from there (I think the "A&M" stands for "Agricultural and Military", not 100% sure). Anyway, the stereotype of Texas + agriculture = backwards farmer, hick, bubba, red-neck, etc. Also, it's a university rivalry thing; people from one school start making jokes about people from another and this one just sort-of grew outside of university life and so we tell "Aggie jokes" here -- sort like like "blond jokes"... Example: "Q: How many intelligent aggies does it take to screw in a light blub? A: Both of them"

Oh, and Professor "Fulkin Klewlis" ... as in "f*ckin' clueless"

Anyway... I'm not to worried about Mother Earth in the sense that we will destroy Her, I don't think we are significant enough to do that. We have hurt Her a great deal however, and I know that She's going to have to do what She has to do.

But I'm not too caught up in doom and gloom... So we'll experience rapid depopulation, life will go on. Let's be realistic, it's only natural that this would follow a massive population spike (i.e., the last 200 years or so). If we stay focused on the negative, we'll miss the greater part of life, which is all of the beauty in the world and all around us. I don't live in a fairy tale, I like to be aware of what's happening, but I don't like to stay fixated on the negative aspects thereby shortchanging myself and others. Hah! The end of the world as we know it doesn't have to be the "end of the world"

Daniel

"I did not want to come to dying to find that I had never lived"
            -- some poet

Comment

Oh Pirates,
              Your name says it all!!!!! How can a girl with a passionate nature like mine refuse an offer like that?? Especially when it involves a dentist!

Daniel,
              Now it's your turn.
              I'm going to disagree on one matter in particular, and that is the matter of us humans not really needing to worry.
              Mate, you're going to have to get your head out of the sand because from my understanding of the whole environmental "issue" issue, if it hadn't become an "issue" then biodegradable plastics, and recycling and energy saving, fuel efficient cars would not have been necessary, and if you're feeling confident enough about mother nature, then lucky you because sometimes when I think about our "mis-treatment" of the earth I wonder why it hasn't handed in its resignation yet!!! I'm not glooming and dooming because I think we are trying, but when I think about the amount of wood that's leaving our precious rainforests and the amount of wildlife that is being protected (not) then it makes me wonder if we can't do more

By the way, thank you for the clarification of "aggie". I guess it's like the New Zealand jokes we love to tell about our Pacific neighbours

Comment

By the way Daniel,

I'm interested in knowing what type of work you do...it's a completely optional question and please feel free to refuse an answer Just curious.....

psr

Comment

Good point Psr. It's a real bummer when you can only be in the sun for a small amount of time and it always seems like that time is getting shorter to me. You take someone like David Hasselhof who just instantly turns golden brown when exposed to the sun and it isn't fair, it isn't fair that i have to cake on the sunscreen and i still turn a real pleasant pink color.

If i read Santos's post correctly he one of those take a bite out of life kinda people but thats not to say it's cool to trample under foot. I mean just the other day i was headed to a Denny's restaurant and i thought to myself, ya know i've been to this one before....so what did i do, yep whipped a b*tch and went to the one on 205th street. Now thats living!

Comment

Pirates,

Denny's?? 205th street???? Hmmmm.... Toto, I'm assuming that you're not in Sydney, Australia????

I hope Daniel doesn't take offence...it is after all merely a point of view.

By the way, thank you for the improvement in your grammar.....I posted something in another thread, and I'm assuming that you read it

psr

Comment

I'm sorry Psr i didn't see your post about my grammar...nice try. I didn't mean to offend Santos, he seems like a grown adult and can take a little humor, I'm sorry i will sit in the corner for a little while. Toto????? some nerve you got...i prefer benji or that mut from Davey Crockett.

Comment

Pirates,

Kids don't sit in corners anymore....they write out lines!!

I'm sorry you've taken offense to Toto...but he's cute! And is Davy Crocker that bloke with the beaver or cat or something on his head (excuse the lack of American folklore knowledge )??
                        If so, then why would you want to be his dog?? He'll probably wear you once it gets too cold!
                        Not very environmentally friendly is he??

psr

Comment

oops! I mean "Crockett"!!!!!

psr

Comment

It was a chinchilla I guess your right he wasn't to animal friendly but i imagine he needed something for when it got cold. Toto is pretty cool, it's just that whole Oz scenerio might be weird so thats why i went with the whole "wild frontier" mut. Me take offense, no way...and no way am i writing lines!! boring!! I hung out with the guy who played Crockett in the original American movie. Heck i even put one of those hats on, how could i resist.

Comment

On a more serious note (G#?), I'm a bit confused by the government stance that the sun isn't having any effect on GW... GW Bush on the other hand has been left out in the sun far too long!
                              Its been known for decades that the sun has a dramatic effect on the earths climate. Its known that contrails (chemtrails?) have a positive cooling effect over huge tracts of the land mass, effectively a very light cloud. Sun spot cycles alter the suns total output. Now what bothers me is how much the western governments are lying. Why would they lie? Because there's big money to be made as long as we think the world is doomed due to global warming. More nuclear power stations probably funded by the tax payer. More recycling, and yes the recycling companies do make money otherwise they wouldn't exist. I can see the ads now, "Convert your car to run on hydrogen only $4,000 + tax!" I'll bet hydrogen costs you a damn sight more than petrol/gasoline when its available and watch your insurance premiums sky-rocket! Expensive high factor sun cream, whats wrong with loosely fitting clothes & hats that you already own? Blame car drivers and charge them tax for polluting when CO2 probably has a negligible effect on the total. Are you catching my drift? Where millions of dollars are to be made the lies and deceit will come pouring out of the mouths of politicians & scientists. Its well documented that the western governments choose analysis and statistics to further their own agenda and if a scientist speaks out he/she is ridiculed. The money makers of today don't give a damn if the world is going to end after they're dead and gone. Again its down to the scientists who know to shout out the truth so we all can hear. It makes me very cautious when the government seem to back anything which makes them money yet ditch any ideas that actually cost money...have you noticed that? So the sun could be exclusively to blame for global warming but if they admit it then they'll lose hundreds of billions of $$ in pollution taxes and recycling schemes. Be very careful what you believe people cos deceit is everywhere!

Sorry about the diatribe but my chest feels a lot lighter now thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X