Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you do to reduce global warming?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you do to reduce global warming?

Dear Funky,

I couldn't agree more, but I guess what I would really like to see happen is that nuclear power be used for good only - fool that I am!!

I don't agree with anyone having an instrument so powerful that it has the potential to destroy mankind. I also don't agree with countries who possess nuclear weapons looking down their noses at those who don't and trying to stop them acquring these weapons. Everyone has a right to protect themslef in the way that they feel. And let's face it. If one person is allowed to do something that you're not you begin to question why not.

The big hypocrisy is that these nuclear powerful countries have given themselves the sole responsibility of making sure that no one else gets nuclear because they argue that those other countries are not responsible enough. Butwhat actually made them the responsible ones top begin with?? Nuclear power is a power trip for countries. If you have them your super, and if you don't then you're not. It's pretty silly to quote Symbol (from the kids movie The Incredibles) but he said "when everyone is super then no one is super." Maybe if everyone feels super then they will all get along better. Are you confused enough yet??? Because I am. I'm using a friend's computer so my thoughts are all over the place...plus it's a touchy issue for me.

Anyway, thanks for the chat. I feel better now!!

psr

PS MAy we see world peace...and soon before someone gets hurt!!

Comment

Once I didn't turn on a light at all... It was about a month ago... and since then have limited my usage to 5 times a day or less.
      Once again sorry to revive this discussion.

Comment

Hey Kiddo,
        Don't apologise. It's not like we have anything better to do with our time. Might as well spend it talking about global warming rather than doing anything about it!!

psr

Comment

Thanks psr. If I revive a topic from now on, I should ask shouldn't I, especially one that hadn't been touched for a couple of months!

Comment

Hey Kiddo,

Don't worry about asking. That's what's so great about this site. You can say what you want (so long as it's clean), when you want. I just noticed your locatin....I'm over the border.

psr

Comment

1 there is nothing you can do, and 2 is based on misinformation.

replacement of 70% of fossil fuel energy by alternative energy would take 30 years and cost $200 billion/year extra. For the slow of skull that is a $6 trillion tab for being politically correct and empirically stupid.

Comment

More unsubstantiated and impressively large numbers - but where is the explanation, the argument and the science behind any of it?

If you wish to enter in discussion, fine, but rant-and-run? no place for that here, you've been banned for 7 days after a whole range of posts like this. Please calm down and come back.

Comment

I actually got a letter that I wrote to the Herald Sun (one of Australia's best papers) published. It reads as follows:
                  Melbourne are pushing for more night events, with the AFL Grand Final (it's a game played in Australia) and the Formula 1 Grand Prix the big ones.
                  Melbourne's reputation will become worse as global warming becomes a big issue.
                  Taken from the Herald Sun, Monday May 27, 2007.

Comment

I currently drive a manual transmission car with an 11 gallon tank. This was from a 93 Chevy Blazer with a 20 gallon tank, automatic, 4 wheel drive, big frickin vehicle. I loved that vehicle, but I'd be frickin broke trying to fill the thing. I got about 20 mpg for the blazer compared to the 34+ mpg I get with my car now.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Ward
                      Not what you intend to, or think other people should do, but honestly what do you do now?
                      I am freshmen in Cool Antarctica.However I fell in love with this website at my first site.In order to do something to reduce the global warming,I go to work by bus instead of driving car.And persuade other companion and friends to do so.

Comment

Dorothy,

Once you visit you can never leave. It's like "Hotel California" but in a good way! I love it here. People are friendly and the atmosphere of the site is clean and wholesome. You can trust that your kids will not pick up any "undesirables" here.

By the way, I'm Australian and a little ignorant of overseas terms, but what's a "freshman"? And since there are now women in colleges, is the plural "freshpeople"? (please note that last comment was purely meant for innocent entertainment value).

Comment

Originally posted by psr
                          Dorothy,

Once you visit you can never leave. It's like "Hotel California" but in a good way! I love it here. People are friendly and the atmosphere of the site is clean and wholesome. You can trust that your kids will not pick up any "undesirables" here.

By the way, I'm Australian and a little ignorant of overseas terms, but what's a "freshman"? And since there are now women in colleges, is the plural "freshpeople"? (please note that last comment was purely meant for innocent entertainment value).
                          Hi ,how are u?I am very happy to receive your replyment.The freshmen means that I am new here.
                          Welcome to China someday!

Comment

Dorothy,

I would love to visit China one day. I'm completely fascinated with the Great Wall. Have you walked on it? Unfortunately China is so far away.....but we have Chinatown in Sydney and it's amazing. Not like the real thing of course but you can get authentic Chinese food and the New Years celebrations are fantastic!

psr

Comment

Hi Dorothy, glad to have you here. Very pleased to hear of someone from China who is concerned with global warming and is making efforts to do their part.

Here in the west, China is regarded as the big scary unknown in terms of the potential increase in greenhouse gases. Unfortunately we hear little and fear a lot - guess those two always go together.

Comment

Working...
                              X